J.K. Rowling’s Top 10 Rules For Success – Direct article extracted and sourced from Evan Carmichael’s blog.
She’s a British novelist best known as the author of the Harry Potter fantasy series.
The books have gained worldwide attention, won multiple awards, and sold more than 400 million copies.
In 2004, Forbes named her as the first person to become a billionaire by writing books.
She’s J.K. Rowling and here are her Top 10 Rules for Success.
* Join my Coach Paul newsletter: www.paulfan.org
1. Failure helps you discover yourself
She went from living on state benefits to multi-millionaire status within 5 years.
2. Take action on your ideas
The Harry Potter books have become the best-selling book series in history.
3. You will be criticized
Anticipating that the target audience of young boys might not want to read a book written by a woman, her publishers asked that she use two initials, rather than her full name.
4. Remember where you started
She was diagnosed with clinical depression which she claims gave her inspiration to create the Dementors in the Potter series.
Twelve publishing houses rejected her original Harry Potter manuscripts, but eventually small publisher Bloomsbury gave her a chance with a small advance.
6. There is always trepidation
She conceived the idea for Harry Potter in 1990. The 7 years that followed saw the death of her mother, divorce from her first husband and relative poverty until Rowling finished the first novel.
7. Life is not a checklist of achievements
She named communist and civil rights activist Jessica Mitford as her “most influential writer”.
She’s the United Kingdom’s best-selling living author, with sales in excess of £238m.
9. Dreams can happen
In 2010, she was named the “Most Influential Woman in Britain” by leading magazine editors.
10. We have the power to imagine better
Harry Potter is now a global brand worth an estimated US$15 billion.
* Subscribe to my channel: youtube.com/c/PaulFan
* Leave a comment, thumbs up the video (please!)
* Suppport me: http://www.coachpaulsolo.com/index.html
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/WithCoachPaul
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/winwithpaul
* Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+PaulFanNet
* Website: http://www.paulfan.org
* Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-fan-365326122?lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_profile_view_base%3BpbojJnzsR4%2BrELRAr%2B3URw%3D%3D